Monday, August 10, 2009

Swine Land....Life changed :(


Week 1: Swine Flu -...ahh....crap.. one more "fancy" flu after SARS & bird flu......it has only affected Mexicans.....why shd I be worried
Week 3: It is only in North America: it can't happen to me
Week 5: It happens to only those Indians, who go abroad, I can't get affected
Week 7: only 1-2 cases in India, that too in Delhi, no need to worry!
Week 10:It has come to pune....I shd be careful....but chillax.....it has infected only city ppl till now.
Week 12: One death in Pune, 2 cases reported in Akurdi.......its just a matter of time now when it comes to Bajaj & then me...I am damn scared!

I am sure many my colleagues around me, must be going through same feelings & emotions from indifference to worry & being scared. Everyone around me is panicked & terrorized......& everyone means "everyone". The rumors are spreading faster than light. Nobody wants to go out, nobody wants to eat out, every time a person sneezes, or has fever, we look at him with apprehension.

But there's a silver lining too (sorry to bring this in this crisis time)......The "Tamiflu" manufacturers must be jumping with joy......the 24 X 7 news channels have again got a lot of 'masala' to show on air......innocent school kids have got their leaves......I ve started receiving calls from those friends/ relatives who
never bothered to call me in 2 yrs!

Jokes apart....i m feeling helpless,wat should & wat can i do now, this week i am planning to go to Malshesh Ghat for picnic.....shd i go or not.....other possible time pass activities....write blog(s).........call friends.. ne body with some better suggestions?? pls advice me......
Meanwhile I will just watch n wait...when it happens to me!

4 comments:

  1. Business idea :
    Step 1: Get infected.Take clue frm Phoebe!!
    step 2: Spread the virus.Cough and sneeze like you have never done before.
    step 3:Contact Tamiflu manufacturer and strike a deal with them.Get a commission for each "Bakra" and dont forget to get free medication frm them.
    Happy Swine Flu !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the time dude....remember Murphy's Law - "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

    ReplyDelete
  3. shubh shubh bolo bhai.....shubh shubh

    ReplyDelete
  4. kab tak khauf main jeete rahoge Girish..jao thoda city ki hawa ka mijaaz bhi mehsoos karo...do char trip lagao mahabaleshwar ya panchgani ki...dileri dikhane ka waqt aa chuka hai :)

    ReplyDelete